It’s been almost a year and a half we are battling against the COVID-19 virus. Lots of life lost, people went through so
much pain, struggles and after so much hard work from scientists & doctors the vaccines of COVID-19 are now available
and the world is finally relieved to get access to the vaccines.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine is very essential as it protects against the COVID-19 virus. The approved vaccines are carefully
evaluated for safety and efficacy. Furthermore, they also make the infection less severe if you contract the virus after
Here is the process of getting registered for vaccination.
Some facts : Two pharmaceutical companies brought their vaccines to the Indian markets. Serum Institute of India launched ‘Covishield,’
and Bharat Biotech introduced ‘Covaxin.’ The imported brand Sputnik V recently received approval for use in India.
For more information,
- Talk to your family doctor/ nearby doctor regarding your vaccine.
- You may also visit genuine websites, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), to know about the types of vaccines
and their mechanisms.
Eligibility for the vaccine :
The vaccination process has already started in India and anyone above the age of 18 can be vaccinated.
Registration for the vaccine – Registering for the vaccine is mandatory. You may register through the Co-Win website https://www.cowin.gov.in/home or Arogya Setu app. Here are simple steps for registration:
- Use your mobile number and a valid photo ID, such as your Aadhar card, to register by entering your details.
- Select your vaccine center for vaccination.
- Book your time slot for the vaccine and confirm your appointment.
- You will be notified on your registered mobile number about the date, time, and name of the vaccination center.
There are some tips to follow before, during, and after the vaccination.
Let’s take a detailed look at it.
Once you have registered yourself and got an appointment for vaccination, here are some simple and valuable tips to follow:
- Eat well as you go for your vaccine dose. Do not take the vaccine on an empty stomach. Eat leafy vegetables and antioxidant
foods that help boost immunity.
- Drink water more than your average and stay hydrated.
- Peaceful sleep at night improves immunity and it is scientifically proven. So, sleep well.
- If you want to avoid the side effects of the vaccine, do not take painkillers and regular medicines before the vaccine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it may dehydrate you.
- Be prepared to take any vaccine available at the center at the given time.
- Cancel your appointment if you notice any Covid-like symptoms. You can rebook after 14 days of experiencing such symptoms.
Talk to your doctor about this.
Here are some valuable tips to follow after vaccination.
- After the vaccination dose is complete, stay seated at the vaccination center for 15-30 minutes. Health workers will
monitor you for immediate reactions. Report if you feel dizzy or have nausea, vomiting, or any allergic reaction.
- Drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated after the vaccine dose.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or smoking.
- Soothe your arm. You may place a cool or wet washcloth on the area.
- Be prepared for some minor side effects as your body builds immune protection.
- The side effects are:
- 1. Pain and redness at the side of the injection
- 2. Chills and mild fever
- 3. Headache
- 4. Fatigue body pain
- 5. Joint and muscle pain
- Take paracetamol if you have any of the above symptoms. If they last for more than a week contact to doctor immediately.
- Download your vaccination certificate, mark your calendar for the second dose of the vaccine, and schedule an appointment.
- After the second dose of the vaccine, you may experience similar symptoms seen after the first dose. If the side effects
persist for more than 1-2 days, call your doctor.
- Remember that the antibodies that develop after the second dose of the vaccine reach a protective level after 15 days.
Hence, be careful; do not relax the preventive measures.
- If you wish to take any other vaccine for a different medical condition, maintain a gap of at least 14 days after taking
the Covid-19 vaccine.
Remember that the vaccine is made just to cure you. Try to overcome your nervousness and anxiety while getting injected.
Collect your certificate of vaccination or download it from the Co-Win site. Be responsible citizens, and get vaccinated
when your turn comes. Also, even after taking both vaccine doses remember to take preventive measures, especially in
public places. Always remember the vaccine doesn’t ensure complete immunity. So continue wearing masks and follow safe
hygiene practices and prevent virus transmission.
Mask on, Corona gone.
Be safe, Be healthy!